There is a lot of debate surrounding the topic of toddlers on trampolines.
Some people believe that it is bad for their development, while others think that it is a great way to get exercise.
So, what is the truth? Is jumping on a trampoline bad for toddlers?
In this blog post, we will take a look at both sides of the argument and let you decide for yourself!
Are Trampolines Safe for Toddlers?
The first thing we need to look at is whether or not trampolines are safe for toddlers.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, trampolines are not recommended for children younger than six years old. This is because they pose a serious risk of injury.
In fact, the AAP reports that around 90% of all trampoline injuries occur in children under age 15.
The reason why trampolines aren’t safe for toddlers is because they don’t have the coordination or balance that older kids do.
Toddlers tend to fall more easily and don’t always land on their feet when jumping from high heights, which can result in serious injuries.
The Dangers of Toddler Trampoline Injuries
So, what kind of injuries can toddlers sustain from jumping on a trampoline? The most common injuries are sprains and strains, which account for around half of all trampoline-related injuries. Other common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints (especially shoulders and knees)
- Cuts and bruises
Toddlers are more susceptible to these types of injuries because they don’t have the coordination, balance or strength that older kids do.
They can also get hurt by falling off a trampoline or getting trapped underneath it, which is why it’s important to always supervise them when they are playing on one.
Toddlers can also sustain head injuries from falling or jumping off a trampoline, which is another reason why doctors recommend against letting toddlers play on them.
Can a 2 year old use a Nursery Trampoline?
There are some trampolines available in the market that are designed for 2 years old.
For example the Galt Nursery Trampoline, Toddler Trampoline for Ages one+, Little Tikes Toddler trampoline, or Bellicon classic mini. All of these toddler trampolines have overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon.
- Ideal first trampoline for toddlers with it's fun tortoise design, kids will love bouncing on this cute toddler trampoline
- Helps children develop balance, coordination and confidence. Plus a fun way to improve your child's health & Fitness.
- Padded cover, easy grip handle and non slip rubber feet ensures safe, stable and comfortable bouncing fun.
- Springfree: Our springless design and sturdy, durable frame is capable of sustaining bouncing up to a maximum weight capacity of 44 pounds (20 kg). Two person assembly required.
- Children develop their muscles, their balance and their confidence while having fun jumping on the green Nursery Trampoline from Galt Toys
Toddler trampolines are smaller in size and have a lower weight limit, making them safer for toddlers. They also have a padded frame and enclosed sides, which helps to prevent falls.
People who have bought them say that they are well-made and safe for toddlers. They also note that their children love playing on them!
So, is jumping on a trampoline bad for toddlers? In short, the answer is yes.
Toddlers are more susceptible to injuries than older kids, so it’s important to supervise them when they are playing on one.
Toddler trampolines are safer than regular trampolines, but it’s still best not to let your toddler jump at all.
It’s better for their health and safety!